Skip to main content

InFluenza Returns! Pt. 5

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view)

Thank you for joining our New Special Report Column No Reed.

Stay connected here with The Beauty Inside-Out Beautician blog for each release of "InFluenza".  If you're easily turned off by misspellings, put that to the side.  There's a team of people responsible for trying their best to make me look like less of a FLU.


InFluenza (A Special Report)


Marketing is hinged on buzz.  Take downs are hinged on bugs.  InFluenza is hinged on a direct word from God.  Right before I was set to begin writing this report, God spoke.  He knew why I hadn't spoken out early on and He knew that there was still some of that thought life within me.  Then the word came.  "Just because something is hard to believe doesn't mean no one will believe it."  The moment I heard it; I got it.  I got the clarity and empowerment I needed to begin.  It wasn't all in this one statement, but it was what this word triggered in my mind.  I immediately thought of the Gospel.  I immediately thought of how many people believe not only that Jesus lived, but that He was resurrected.  Then I was ready.  

An isolated matter is often seen as coincidence, and matters multiplied aren't often seen.  The things that happen over and over again cannot be seen because they are too common.  No one points a finger at them to say, "Did you hear that" or "Did you see that" because they're not unique.  The Sneaky Finger is fully aware of this.  It's February 2020 and I'm experiencing uninvited and hard to believe convulsions in my private area.. like hydraulics if you will.  It's daytime and its not happening in a recognizable way, but its there.  In the overnight, the motions change; they seemingly have personalities.  It's been weeks and it's a known circumstance.  Everyone's talking about it, but no one's talking about it.  It can't be seen or heard that way.  I'm at the library, and a worker is seating a guest to the computers.  She says, "You can sit on any one of them you like". The word "on" triggers my ears.  It's not time to scream or yell "that's it"  "you see" "didn't you hear that".  It's just one of many incidents like this and the years keep coming.  It's how far we've advanced in the matter, but back in late 2016- early 2017; the words weren't meant for me but the people around me.  There was no way I would have or could have recognized it because it was a possibility that had no life in my mind, awareness, understanding, or belief system.. I was nothing but a lump on a log while my life was being infested with lots of tiny little bugs.

I'll start with when a walk in customer came into the salon for a hair cut, got her hair cut, was please, and then walked over to the check out counter to pay and was made to believe that she was being overcharged by the salon manager.  I saw it as an isolated incident.  The customer when the manager approached me to question the price of twenty-five dollars felt something and became indignant.  I was a rent paying stylist.  When the woman walked in the manager pointed her to me.  She didn't ask any questions.  I'd been there two years.  I'd never accepted a walk-in from her however.  These days, I know it wasn't a coincidence.  Shortly after the woman became belligerent and reached for the salon's brochure.  Inside the brochure she saw the price which was competitive with a nearby salon.  I explained to the woman that I was rent-based and that was the reason for the discrepancy.  I said to the manager to go ahead and give her the written price, however even with the concession, the woman continue to yell and scream.  It was a day my mother was in the salon getting her hair done.  I didn't know back then that that customer was no customer, and I didn't realize all the bugs she came to leave behind.  Sometime in the same timeframe, a former coworker of mine got in touch with me to have her hair done.  I include this here because it's relevant.  Being a rent-based stylist among other rent-based stylists; no one necessarily knows what the other person charges.  We obtain our clients generally through some form of word-of-mouth and so clients are for the most part mainly awared of what that person paid if anything.  At the time, my prices were online.  No secret.  No scams.  But someone had set out to tear down my business; first about price; then with a perception of dishonesty.  I now know this without the shadow of a doubt because that sneaky finger is still meddling around and customers seem to be fussing with pricing.

A few weeks later.. when my former co-worker came in to have her hair done the first time everything was smooth.  However, the second time, she had blurted out the price from across the room while I was standing at the shampoo sink.  The second time I had purchased the hair for her in advance and the price was including the cost of the hair.  To a virgin ear, the cost was meant to draw their attention.  I even remember feeling the sense that what she had done was not in line with the culture, and I said to her something along the lines of "We don't do that".  To add to the event, her card did not go through and she asked if she could send the payment through an online source.  It was fine by me, and so she did later that evening.  I didn't realize at the time that bits and pieces of all that had been unfolding over a series of weeks was being viewed and by whom I still don't know exactly except for the voices that crowd in on me to let me know that they have insight into my life.  I later found out by those same voices that people were even able to view me as I would be operating my phone.  In this case, that meant the exchange of text regarding the appointment was known and the service being obtained was understood.  Therefore the sum of money I received which included a tip, was probably naturally then associated with that service.  Still in many places the cost would not be alarming, but in my geographic location and among the people in my reach; it may have been.

On another occasion, and this was the moment I realized that something was happening from a management stand point, the resident barber in the salon got into a verbal dispute with one of my clients which he knew very well and had been cordial with in the past.  However, something was said this time that seemingly triggered an offense, and his response was "Suck My Dick".  This was said outloud in a salon with several customers on site.  That night when he decided to call the police due to her outrage, I did not object.  I only stood between them trying to ask her to calm down.  Yet, when the police got there and after speaking to him privately outside; the officer that came inside targeted me as the person he needed to speak to; which I needed to clarified and he then spoke to my customer instead, but in my presence.  There was no outcome.  They had responded simply out of duty.  It was up to management to set a precedence of what would be allowed and what wouldn't be.  After the barber finished for the night and left, the manager eagerly came over and engaged my customer about what had caused the blow up.  I said to my customer right there that I wished she would have handled the matter in a better way.  However, I also made clear that I was shocked that management was taking such a relaxed position on the matter.  This was because the salon was filled with people and he was ultimately seen as a worker whether rent based or not, at that point, representing the salon.  After all this was the same principle by which I had conceded on my price for the woman's haircut.  It was as to not inflict harm on the salon as a whole.  Yet, this could not be seen or understood and I did not bring it up.  I now know that these things were not completely random.  I also now know that this was an attempt to get me to leave.  One might ask why.  Why if I'd been there for two years with no problems was I being somehow pushed out?  The answer came to me in 2018.  I'd already left the salon and was working somewhere else when one day I was crossing the street and saw a large poster of the owner of the salon chain where all this had occurred.  He was running for a public office, and then I knew he had been influenced by the Bad Psychic.            

I remember in 2016 there came a time when church leaders appeared to be putting a lot of emphasis on the issue of Muslims and suggesting that Christians should be careful as to not mix with certain ideologies.  It became almost somewhat of a campaign; the pointed messages that were seemingly trying to get insight into who I was, figure me out,  or exercise some type of control.  I didn't know at the time that the Bad Psychic and its organization of power had been diligently investigating into my life.  It was all still dots; specs of concern and growing questions.  In fact I'm just recently putting the fact that the salon was owned by people from India and the idea that I possibly had been and possibly could still be involved in some type of prostitution together.  It's a cultural theme there that if you're not awared of or thinking about can obviously begin to hinder relations within the church.  But the question of which came first continues on.  It continues on because its an easy theory to dispel.  If the purpose was to solve this so called mystery; it could easily be solved..  One would simply send a series of customers in to see what goes on.  Besides, at the time I was actively posting pictures of my work and at times I'd even stand behind the chair with my customers seated.  Thus, this was no big misunderstanding but in fact an intricate system of steps, lies, and suggestives purposely derived in order to breakdown my livelihood.

The plot thickens, its rolled out, glazed over with oil of a certain kind, and it goes into the oven.  

Therefore the real question becomes "Why"?  
... Remember that list of things I have the right to do?  Well, coming up in "InFluenza" we'll look at that list; what's on it, when it began, and the waves it causes.  


Written by: NaTisha Renee Williams
All Rights Reserved except for brief quotations

Follow our Workwear Board in support of "InFluenza"

Comments