Skip to main content

InFluenza "A Special Report", Pt. 4

Click on the Image to open a clearer view)

Thank you for joining our New Special Report Column No Reed.

Stay connected here with The Beauty Inside-Out Beautician blog for each release of "InFluenza".  The plot thickens, its rolled out, glazed over with oil of a certain kind, and it goes into the oven.  

If you're easily turned off by misspellings, put that to the side.  There's a team of people responsible for trying their best to make me look like less of a FLU.

InFluenza (A Special Report)

Is freedom the egg whites, or is freedom the yolk once its broken?  Does freedom go into the bowl and get baked into the cookie, or is it left sitting freely out on the counter?  Is it spilled milk.  Or is it the hand that decides what goes into the bowl.  From Mount Misery: a plantation where Fredrick Douglas was sent to be broken into slavery the question was asked, "Do you mean to persist in your resistance?"  His answer was, "I do mean to resist."  

Here are other words spoken by Douglas:  

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, want rain without thunder and lightning, and oceans without the awful roar.  Power concedes nothing without a demand.  If ever we get free from the oppression and wrongs heaped upon us, we must pay its removal, by labor, suffering, sacrifice; and if needs be, by our lives and the lives of others.  The general sentiment of mankind is that a man who will not fight for himself, when he has the means of doing so, is not worth being fought for by others.  Fellow citizens, I am not indifferent to the claims of a generous forgetfulness, but whatever else I forget, I shall never forget the difference between those who fought for liberty and those who fought for slavery. "

Here's the Brain of Injustice according to Douglas:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which shall be heaped upon him.  Tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those they oppress."

I love the way he says we must pay for the removal of the things we overcome or get free of.  It confirms my rhetorical question of whether freedom is left sitting freely on the counter.  Just as a thing received must be implemented, a thing which loosens its grip must also be disposed of.  I think the difference in sentiments between those who keep saying we have overcome versus those who say look closer, "not much has changed" is what Douglas is pointing to.  There are some things that haven't been disposed of.  They're sitting there unattached perhaps from the norms that we have now accepted, but they are just as free as we are said to be; and they haven't loss their voice.  As long as there are seeds in the bellies of society's mothers to be, and they can hear, we will find that not much has changed.  A generous forgetfulness is a generosity of a people who didn't pay anything.  An accountable forgetfulness has demands, and as Douglas also stated, "Power concedes nothing without demand."  In the brain of injustice the words 'exact measure' stunned me the first time I read it.  Tyrant is just a word if you've never been tormented, but it's an exact measure for the one who has.

So who's paying for the removal of the things we get free of these days?  It's a suitable question because there was and still remains a lot of debris.  Is it being paid on the front lines or in the back woods?  Or are we just paying to stand at the front of the line?  And if we take a few from the back and place them at the front, will it cloud the view?  Then again up front is nowhere to deal with disposal.  Isn't there a back alley?  Oh, that's where the piles are.  Now I see the debris.  Good.  So now we found it; who's willing to pay for its removal.  It's been too long and we're not accepting collateral...  

"Freedom pays the highest dividends but not when used as collateral."  No, you will not use your freedom to pay for the disposal of things you've been freed of.  No, I will not use my freedom to pay for the disposal of things I've been freed of.  It's simple mathematics.  Therefore, I write as I choose, and when I chose to write a story about a woman of  the age twenty-six who had been sexually abused in her childhood and left home at age sixteen to put a stop to the abuse; I didn't plan on using my freedoms to pay for my freedom to write it.  I still refuse to use my freedoms to pay, but I'll gladly use my freedoms to dispose of the people, ideas, corruption, racism, discrimination, injustice, prejudices, assumptions, and otherwise that represent the debris packed up in the back alleys of the back woods of an otherwise progressive nation.  Sometimes for entertainment the debris comes out to play.  Other times for the purpose of trying to reclaim its position.  This time for the purpose of disposal.

In case you're wondering, we're still under the header "Total Destruction".  We have two bullet points.  One named "Insiders" the other "The Follow Up"... and we're working under the bullet of the follow up.  It was a beautifully devised plan.  Depending on who's looking the plan is working, but attempted murder was a bust, and total destruction has got too many moving parts.  It's effective if you can see the plan, but it's failing if you can see God's plan.  Four friends.  Two former strippers.  One a sexual addict to a degree.  One leaves her daughter behind to better her life.  One is career oriented to the max.  She's a riot with an unstoppable vision, but she's caught off guard by love.  And the last, is laid out flat by love and is left with child.  From that place she ventures into a love affair with a woman.  These are the inner working of 'The Follow Up'..  It's hard cold gold.  If you haven't read A Better Pair of Shoes; get with the program.  Here is where the Sneaky Finger chooses all that will go into the bowl.  I should stop and tell you now that there will be a few key characters in the report.  It's obviously 'The Mandala', 'The Sneaky Finger'.. and let me introduce 'The Bad Psychic' and 'The Bulldozer'.  Follow the report closely because the question of which came first.. the chicken or the egg shows up time and time again, but will be applied to different things.  The reason for this is because the key characters of the report are all in favor of each other but they have slightly different agendas that causes them to step on each others' toes.  Therefore I say, "Which Came First?" the Sneaky Finger or The Bad Psychic?  From what I can make out the sneaky finger although having government level intelligence, it takes a lot of information from the bad psychic.  For me that means I'm a sex addicted lesbian who was once a stripper or a prostitute (we'll get to that part later), who was molested by a family member, has a child somewhere out there; who possibly has HIV and is now hiding out as a servant of the Lord.  What does this mean for InFluenza?  It means that I'll be drawing lines out from the center of this wild theory while connecting the dots to the role each silent accusation plays in the attempt to dampen my influence among friends, family, associates, customers, potential customers as well as an attempt to impede my company Grace Call Communications, LLC.  There are just two other accusations I must add to the list.  It's thief which is part of the theory that was added to make it difficult for me to rebound from the impact of the agenda and was anchored on the likelihood of a misinterpretation within my novel regarding the character Ketly.  The other is having multiple personalities which is a direct result of pulling all the traits and key identifiers from the four women of A Better Pair of Shoes and Renegotiating Kayla into a storied affair.  This accusation is sort of the glue to it all, and what it does is makes skeptics within a quite radical agenda containing some unbelievable aspects.. to discredit my work and keep circulation of the book down.  Lastly, sometime in early 2017 I walked into a smoothie shop and a woman sitting at a table against the wall closest to the door said as I passed by "pervert".  I didn't look back in shock; after all she was holding her phone to her face, but it startled me and got me paying attention.  Little did I know, it would also prove to be a component of "Total Destruction".  And this unlikely vice too, I've been able to link back to my follow up story.

Coming up in Part 5 of InFluenza, I go to the workplace to find the place where the unraveling begun and we flashback to some relatable and some identical matters of the past which keeps the passing of the ball between the chicken and the egg going.  


Written by: NaTisha Renee Williams
All Rights Reserved except for brief quotations. 

Comments