Skip to main content

Overcome (OVRC): A Blog Series_ 8

(Click on the Image to open a clearer view)


Welcome to the Final Blog of Overcome.  Thank you stopping by.  I ask that you will approach this series as a collection; not removing any one from the other so that they may speak as one voice and that you may hear the ripple of each utterance and see the pictures as one long gaze.

I begin with the running statement from the start of the series.

"Write something no one wants to steal.  Write something no one wants to be seen.  Write something not overdone but real.  Write to overcome."

I object.
I am not an object.
I reject.
I am no cattle.
I am a suitable subject,
But I'm not the only subject.

There was a he.
There was a she.
There was a they..
That one day.

I am he.
I am she.
I am we.

Go Overcome the Blood on Your Hands.

No you shall not chant me away.
No you will not put me on display.
No you have not changed your mind.
and No, I will not change mine.

With blood on her hands,
She writes hello.
With blood on his hands,
He blows a kiss.

Go Overcome the Blood on Your Hands.

No you will not kiss me away.
No you will not write a false display.
No you have not changed your mind.
and No, I have not changed mine.

It's a friendly world in the body of..
Wait what?
No I will not write a false display.
and No, I will not chant my history away.
You have not changed your mind,
and I have not changed mine.

Go Overcome the Blood on Your Hands.

Where there is blood behind you,
Leap forward.
Where there is blood all around you,
Jump out.
And when there is blood on your lips,
Sing it away.

There's always options aside from the blood on your hands.

Don't greet me.
Don't swear to catch me.
Don't hope to watch me.
There's no time...

The righteous judge is coming.
So go overcome the blood on your hands.














Comments